Song: The Biggest Ball of Twine in Minnesota
Running Time: 6:50
Forum: Forum Discussion Page
- The biggest ball of twine in the world — as of the publication of this song — is indeed located in Darwin, Minnesota. It weighs 17,400 pounds (rather than the 21,140 stated in the song) and was completed in 1979 by Francis A. Johnson.
- After this song was released, the nearby gift shop began selling postcards reading "Greetings from the Twine Ball, wish you were here".
- Elvis-A-Rama, the Tupperware Museum, the Boll Weevil Monument, Cranberry World, the Shuffleboard Hall of Fame, and Poodle Dog Rock are all real places. The "Mecca of Albino Squirrels" could refer to a few different places, most likely the town of Olney, Illinois.
- The kids started singing "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall" for the 27th time that day. The number 27 is a running gag in Weird Al's songs.
- The video for White and Nerdy calls back to this song, featuring a Trivial Pursuit card reading "In what city is the largest ball of twine built by one man?"