Song: I Love Rocky Road
Running Time: 2:35
Forum: Forum Discussion Page
The music video parodies the "I Love Rock 'n Roll" music video, with these differences from the original:
- It takes place in an ice cream parlor, rather than in a bar.
- It was shot in color rather than in black and white (although the Joan Jett original was shot in color initially).
- It was videotaped rather than filmed.
- In "I Love Rock 'n Roll", Joan Jett says "Ow!" twice for her enthusiasm. In "I Love Rocky Road", Weird Al says "Ow!" because he eats ice cream so fast that he gets a brain freeze. The second time he says "Ow!" because a kid comes up to him and bites his leg.
- Dr. Demento makes a cameo appearance as the cashier.
- The ice cream in the video was actually mashed potatoes because real ice cream would melt under the stage lights.
- Rocky Road has been revealed to be "Weird Al" Yankovic's favorite ice cream flavor.
- Dr. Demento makes a cameo in the music video as the cashier.
- This song was on "Weird Al"'s first album.
- The music video for this song was filmed a restaurant (not an ice-cream parlour) in Agua Dulce, California
- The ice cream in the video was actually mashed potatos because real ice cream would have melted under the stage lights.
- This song is part of the Food Medley.