Song: Eat It
Running Time: 3:30
Forum Discussion Page: 'Forum Discussion Page
- Al cites the release of the single and the premiere of the video on MTV as his breakthrough success; he claims he was recognized in public as "the 'Eat It' guy" as soon as the day after. To this day he refers to himself in his Twitter bio as "the Eat It guy".
- "Eat It" earned Al his first Grammy Award in 1984 for Best Comedy Recording.
- "Eat It" was a #1 single in Australia, while the original "Beat It" peaked at #2.
- Vincent Patterson, the choreographer for the original "Beat It" video, also played a gang leader in both the original and parody videos.
- The original song is played in the key of D sharp minor, while Al's version is in A minor; Al sometimes changes the keys of his parody songs to better accommodate his vocal range.
- The music video also references Michael Jackson's "Thriller" video, the final shot of which has Jackson turn his face to the camera with yellow cat's eyes; Al does the same at the end of "Eat It" after putting Alka-Seltzer in a glass of water.
- Dr. Demento makes a cameo in the video as a framed photo on Al's bedroom wall.