Running Time: 4:53
Style Parody of: The Doors
Forum: Forum Discussion Page
- Craigslist is a centralized network of online communities, featuring free online classified advertisements – with sections devoted to jobs, housing, personals, for sale, services, community, gigs, résumés, and discussion forums. Read more here.
- In this song, Al describes his various interactions with the site, including meeting a "blonde half-Asian with a bad case of gas" in the site's Missed Connections category.
- Al mentions many things that people try to get rid of on Craigslist, such as a 1965 Chevy Malibu, a slightly-used sombrero, a wheelbarrow, a stapler, and a trash can full of styrofoam peanuts.
- Doors keyboardist Ray Manzarek was brought on board to recreate the music style for the song.
- When performing the song live, bassist Steve Jay will stand next to the keyboardist and play the bass part on one of the keyboards. This is a parody of the Doors' live shows, in which they played without a bassist (keyboardist Ray Manzarek would play all songs' bass lines on a Fender piano bass).