Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Running Time: 4:53
Style Parody of: The Doors (The intro guitar and organ riffs are similar to "Soul Kitchen" and "When the Music's Over", while the verses sound like "Twentieth Century Fox". And, there are discrete sections in the guitar solo similar to "When the Music's Over", "The End" and "Light My Fire". And the "snotty barista" section is a softer parody of the Oedipus complex from "The End".)
Forum: Forum Discussion Page
- Craigslist is a centralized network of online communities, featuring free online classified advertisements – with sections devoted to jobs, housing, personals, for sale, services, community, gigs, résumés, and discussion forums. Read more here.
- In this song, Al describes his various interactions with the site, including meeting a "blonde half-Asian with a bad case of gas" in the site's Missed Connections category.
- Al mentions many things that people try to get rid of on Craigslist, such as a 1965 Chevy Malibu, a slightly-used sombrero, a wheelbarrow, a stapler, and a trash can full of styrofoam peanuts.
- Doors keyboardist Ray Manzarek was brought on board to recreate the music style for the song.
- When performing the song live, bassist Steve Jay will stand next to the keyboardist and play the bass part on one of the keyboards. This is a parody of the Doors' live shows, in which they played without a bassist (keyboardist Ray Manzarek would play all songs' bass lines on a Fender piano bass).
- This song is the second song about an online shopping site, the first being eBay.