Running Time: 11:23
Parody of: Style Parody of The Rugburns*
Albums: Running With Scissors
Forum: Forum Discussion Page
- This song is very similar to The Rugburns' "Dick's Automotive." Al gave them a special thanks on his next album, Poodle Hat.
- Al's mom fed him Sauerkraut until he was 26½ years old. An obvious reference to the number 27.
- This is "Weird Al"'s longest song.
- Zelda is named after the Legends of Zelda character.
- In the lyric booklet that comes with Running With Scissors, the lyrics for this song are written as follows:
Way back when I was just a little bitty boy living in a box under the stairs in a corner of the basement of the house half a block down the street from Jerry's Bait Shop... You know the place... Well anyway, back then life was going swell and everything was juuuuust peachy... except of course for the undeniable fact that every single morning my mother would . . . you know what? The rest of these lyrics aren't gonna fit on here. There's just no room left. What a drag, huh? I guess we didn't plan this out very well . . . probably should've used a smaller font or a bigger piece of paper or some- thing. Sorry. We all feel just horrible about this. Well, I guess you'll just have to listen really carefully and try to figure out the words for yourself. Good luck.