|"Weird Al" Yankovic|
|Studio Album by "Weird Al" Yankovic|
|Released||April 3, 1983|
|Recorded||December 1979 - February 1983|
|Format||Vinyl, Cassette, CD|
|Record Label||Rock 'n' Roll Records / Scotti Brothers|
|Catalog Number||PZ 38679 (Vinyl) (first release)|
|Lead Single||My Bologna|
|Next Album||"Weird Al" Yankovic In 3-D|
Were you looking for the page for the musician with the same name?
"Weird Al" Yankovic is the self-titled debut studio album from recording artist "Weird Al" Yankovic. Most of the album was recorded in March 1982, with some early recordings like My Bologna being re-recorded. The album was released as an LP, Cassette in 1983 with a CD released in 1981. The album was re-issued in 1999 alongside with his other studio albums released before 1999 by Volcano Records as a result of the label buying Al's label Scotti Brothers.
|1.||"Ricky"||Mike Chapman, Nicky Chinn, "Weird Al" Yankovic||Micky by Toni Basil||2:35|
|3.||"I Love Rocky Road"||Jake Hooker, Yankovic||I Love Rock 'n' Roll by Joan Jett||2:36|
|4.||"Buckingham Blues"||Yankovic||Originally going to be Jack & Diane by John Cougar Mellencamp||3:14|
|5.||"Happy Birthday"||Yankovic||Style parody of Tonio K||2:28|
|6.||"Stop Draggin' My Car Around"||Tom Petty, Yankovic||Stop Draggin' My Heart Around" by Stevie Nicks||3:16|
|7.||"My Bologna"||Doug Fieger, Berton Averre, Yankovic||My Sharona by The Knack||2:00|
|8.||"The Check's In The Mail"||Yankovic||Original||3:14|
|9.||"Another One Rides The Bus"||John Deacon, Yankovic||Another One Bites The Dust by Queen||2:37|
|10.||"I'll Be Mellow When I'm Dead"||Yankovic||Original||3:40|
|11.||"Such A Groovy Guy"||Yankovic||Original||3:03|
|12.||"Mr. Frump In The Iron Lung"||Yankovic||Original||1:56|
- "Weird Al" Yankovic - Accordion, lead vocals
- Rick Derringer - Guitars
- Steve Jay - Bass
- Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz - Drums, Percussion
- Richard Bennett - Banjo, Ukulele, Guitar solo on "I'll Be Mellow When I'm Dead"
- William K. Anderson - Saxophone, Harmonica
- Joel Miller - Bongos
- "Musical Mike" Kieffer - Musical Hands
- Dorothy Remsen - Harp
- Tress MacNeille - Voice of Lucy
- Dawn Smithey, Zaidee Cole, Joan Manners - Female Backing Vocals
- Al, Rick, Steve, Jon, Jay Levey, Damaskas, Jake, the Doctor - Male Backing Vocals
- Jay Levey Associates, Los Angeles, CA - Management
- Producer - Rick Derringer
- Management - Jay Levey Associates
- This is Weird Al's first official album.
- Many of the items on the cover are references to songs on the album. There is a school bus (Another One Rides The Bus), I Love Lucy on the TV (Ricky), an I Love Rocky Road sticker and the ice-cream itself (I Love Rocky Road), a man in an iron lung (Mr. Frump In The Iron Lung), a man holding a steering wheel (Stop Draggin' My Car Around), bologna everywhere (My Bologna) and a mail box (The Check's In The Mail).
- This is one of two albums without a polka song (the other being Even Worse).
- This album was re-issued in 1999 by Volcano Records.
"Weird Al" Yankovic (1983) •
"Weird Al" Yankovic In 3-D (1984) •
Dare To Be Stupid (1985) •